Selecting the right agent will not only help you achieve a sale of you property, it will enable you to achieve the best possible price for you property in a time scale to suit you.
Local expert knowledge
Research the estates agents in your local area of South Wales and invite at least three that you would consider working with to carry out a valuation on your property.
Expert local knowledge
How long has the estate agent been operating in the local area? How long have the agents that work within the agency known or lived in the local area? What gives them their local expert knowledge? Being experts in their local area will enable the estate agent to get the best possible price for your property as they will know how to market the property to the right people in the local area or anyone planning to move to the area. The know the strong selling points of the local area.
Easy to work with
It is important to choose an estate agent that you are satisfied you can work with. Selling property can be a quick process or sometimes can take several months. It is important you are going to be happy working with the estate agent you choose.
As the selling process can take some time, you will need to be kept up to date. Therefore you need to choose an estate agent that is good at communicating with you at a level you are happy with. You probably do not want to be contacted every five minutes, however, progress updates will ensure you are aware of what is going on with your property.
Buyers on the books
An estate agent with a large number of applicants who have already signed up with them are more likely to have the right applicant for your property(ies). Most estate agents will have been in regular contact with their applicants in order to put forward the right properties to suit their applicants. Therefore they will have a good idea of which applicants they can contact straightaway regarding your property. This will allow the process to move along quicker, and can also help to increase the price of your property. An estate agent who has a large number of applicants looking for a property like yours will be able to generate great demand for your property that may well drive up the price in offers made to purchase it.
Polite and professional
There's no other option - any agent you choose should be polite and professional at all times. Whether they are assisting you with the sale of your property or showing buyers around potential new homes, their manner and behaviour should always stand out as impeccable.
How will your property be marketed? What does the agent provide for you? As a minimum you need:
- High quality photography of a majority if not all of your rooms, taken at different angles;
- Detailed floorplan of your property and all the rooms;
- Exposure on major portals such as Rightmove and OnTheMarket.com;
- Listing on the agents own website;
- Detailed property write up, not just giving room dimensions but also highlighting all the features and benefits your property offers;
- Dedicated email, SMS and telephone calls to an extensive applicant database of those interested in a property like yours;
- Social media, SMS and email marketing to push your property out to other potential buyers;
- Detailed property particulars and window cards within estate agents office windows to capture attention of interested parties.
You are not just looking for the cheapest. You need to assess what you get for your money versus what they can sell or let your property for. An agent that may have a higher fee may be able to offer a lot more in order to get you a better price for your property. Here at Darlows estate agents, we always aim to get the best possible price for your home and have several different options available, including our Prime Package. (LINK)
Picking a local estate agent to you is very important. Darlows estate and letting agents can help if you are looking for:
- an estate agent in Albany Road, Cardiff;
- an estate agent in Brynmawr, Gwent;
- an estate agent in Caerphilly, South Wales;
- an estate agent in Canton, Cardiff;
- an estate agent in Cwmbran, Gwent;
- an estate agent in Llandaff, Cardiff;
- an estate agent in Llanishen, Cardiff;
- an estate agent in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales;
- an estate agent in Pontypridd, South Wales;
- an estate agent in Rumney, Cardiff;
- an estate agent in Tonypandy, South Wales;
- a lettings agent in Cardiff;
- a lettings agent in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales;
- a lettings agent in Swansea, South Wales.