If you have chosen to let your property through a lettings agent, there are a number of factors to consider in selecting the right letting agent. It can be easy to just select the best fee as it can seem that they all offer the same! However, it is not just down to the fee they charge, but also what value you get for this fee.
Here are a few things that you may want to take into consideration when choosing the right letting agent for you:
- The agent's understanding of the local area and rental prices;
- Their marketing methods to get your property let in a time frame to suit you - do they have proven examples of how they have achieved this in the past?
- The registered tenants looking for a property like yours in your area on their database;
- Their opening hours are convenient for you to be able to contact them;
- Promotion of your property on their website and major portals (such as Rightmove and OnTheMarket.com);
- Engagement in a variety of marketing methods such as social media, email campaigns, newspaper advertising, SMS and local PR opportunities;
- Satisfactory high quality photography and written detailed property particulars to generate as much interest as possible in the properties they have on their books;
- Their dedicated Property Management Service to look after your property - it can be useful to ask to see some of the issues the property management service have dealt with in the past;
- Will they organise the government required Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) on your behalf? This needs to be arranged before your property can be marketed.
- Check they are a member of ARLA and therefore adhere to a code of practice of honesty and transparency.
See what Darlows Lettings can offer by reading our guide on Why choose Darlows as your letting agents.